Sunday, June 30, 2019

Day 4 - Ahh... Lush Green Grass

We have progressed from dry, rugged Wyoming to greener, beautiful Utah.   



Jack is happy once again to be in soft grass, as are we:



It was just a 5-hour-drive day so we got settled into our campsite in Tremonton, Utah by 3 pm. Fun fact: Tremonton is near the site of Promontory Point where the transcontinental railroad met up in 1869. I had visited the site with my parents in 1980.

I put a load of laundry in our stackable washer/dryer and we headed out with Jack for a walk to a nearby neighborhood park. There was an inviting splash pad at the park but sorry, Jack, your kind is not allowed to partake of it. The city library is located in the park. I would’ve loved taking my kids to this place when they were young. The old Town Bell that tolled curfew for children for 25 years sits in the park too. The bell was replaced by an electric siren in 1936 to signal special occasions and emergencies.

Back at camp, we enjoyed a pleasant dinner outside for the first time on this trip. It’s been either too hot, too windy, or too cramped. Then Chris scrubbed bug carcasses off our giant windshield.



Even as we’re driving along and I go in the back to make myself a cup of tea, I find myself doing some dusting while waiting for the tea to steep. I guess after living in our vehicle for four days, the housekeeping bug sets in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment